At any location throughout the delivery network where video content is generated or modified, providers need an efficient method to monitor program availability and content quality for multiple flows transporting hundreds of programs. Expedus® DVA® IP is a high-capacity probe that helps service providers manage content and transport quality, optimizing the video quality assurance process. This system addresses the needs of video operators in two ways: first, it verifies the content being processed; and then, it proactively ensures that the original quality is preserved throughout the distribution system.
The verification of QoE parameters, such as perceptual quality and audio/visual impairments, provide information about the content quality at the processing node. By monitoring QoS and stream integrity in real-time, degradation trends can be identified and addressed proactively before these issues have a visible impact on QoE.
- Control operating expenses through efficient management of service level agreements
- Improved customer satisfaction by resolving issues before they impact customer experience
- Comprehensive NOC panel enabling quick fault identification and easy drill-down for optimized troubleshooting
- Maximize ad revenues by enforcement of SCTE 35 insertion tone compliance
- Meet ALL of the mandated MVPD requirements for commercial loudness management
- Simultaneous QoS and QoE monitoring and analysis for 250 programs
- 24/7 monitoring and thumbnail for auditing and performance trending. Thumbnail captures for every I-frame.
- Quality trending analysis for the most critical video sites
- Real-time monitoring of channels at a glance or a detailed view
- Monitors and captures Thumbnails for both "embedded" and "inserted" commercials – necessary in the event of an enforcement inquiry even if content is "certified"
- Loudness and dialnorm management per program
- Integrated analysis of transport and content metrics
- Ad insertion compliance monitoring and historical analysis
- SI/PSI/PSIP inspection, decode, and monitoring
- Enhanced TV signal monitoring (EBIF and Data Carousel)
- Alarm triggers to capture and analyze problems in greater depth
- Modular platform supports specialized analysis capabilities to meet unique operator requirements
Multidimensional Problem Solving
Expedus DVA IP is a gigabit analyzer featuring a powerful video interface that enables intuitive monitoring and diagnostics of any transport, MPEG, or content issues in real-time and historical performance trending. Quality conditions such as black screen, freeze frame, audio level problems, and transport parameters such as bandwidth, and program availability can be easily traced back to images providing tangible evidence of the events.
Expedus DVA IP provides advanced modules to fit specific analysis needs for perceptual quality of video and audio using ITU MOS methodology, SCTE-35 cue tone presence and ad insertion, ITU-R BS.1770 loudness compliance with video correlation, SI/PSI/PSIP inspection and full decoding of MPEG transport stream structure, tables and descriptors.
Beyond Quality… Deep Content Audit and Analysis
Beyond service monitoring, Expedus DVA IP provides advanced functionality modules to answer even the most difficult challenges that operators face.
- Loudness and dialnorm levels are recorded over time and traced specifically to thumbnails of their correlated video scene to aid in CALM Act compliancy.
- Ad insertion and cue tone analytics ensure that cue tones are provided according to SLAs and that insertions are happening in a timely manner and video and audio quality goals are met to maximize ad revenues.
- SI/PSI/PSIP table decoding provides network engineers with an in-depth diagnostic tool to address issues related to the structure of the transport stream.
Seamless Integration with IneoQuest Monitoring Portfolio
Expedus DVA IP probes not only are positioned within Linear Broadcast TV networks at ingress points to monitor the integrity of the content, MPEG, and transport, but they can also be used within an Adaptive Streaming Video network to ensure the integrity of the video feeds in the segment encoders.
Multiple Expedus DVA IP probes, along with probes from the Geminus, Singulus and Cricket families, can be integrated with iVMS for centralized monitoring. At the iVMS, operators can view the health of all video on a per program basis throughout the entire network.