Adaptive Streaming technology for delivering video over the Internet and to mobile devices is gaining popularity for Multiscreen video services, worldwide by Over-the-Top (OTT) providers and traditional Video Service Providers. Adaptive Streaming puts the power in the client to switch between different bitrate video files to enhance the user experience tenfold. However, the protocols do not address how it interacts with the underlying network and how the network should be managed. IneoQuest, the global leader in Video Quality and Service Assurance, plugs this gap by introducing its patented VeriStream technology to provide the key missing QoS metric that can be used to manage and improve the delivery network.
IQSegVue™ is an application that allows users to analyze the quality of video delivery to an iPad® using patented and patent-pending VeriStream™ metrics. It acts both as a video player and an analysis tool for key QoS (Quality of Service) and QoE (Quality of Experience) parameters for single users or network technicians.
Watch the video on screen; see the analytics in real-time. Results can be either emailed to the user or automatically transferred in real-time from the application to your IneoQuest cMAC™ (Consolidated Mobile Analytics Collector) account where detailed reports and trends can be generated. IQSegVue helps users pinpoint where and why the video experience is bad, and the potential causes.
Click here to see how to get started after downloading the app.
VSI (VeriStream Service Index)
- Identifies issues with the video delivery to the iPad using the VeriStream metric.
- Measure and records network bitrate of video delivery and video buffer depth.
- Identifies issues with HTTP network.
- Provides valuable trace route information between the end point ipad and the video source to help isolate network route issues with poor performing video streams.
VEI (VeriStream Experience Index)
- Identifies issues with the video player's interaction with the video.
- Calculates and records re-buffering events, service outages events, gear shifts (ABR changes) events and the associated video bitrates achievable during a viewing session, frame drop and freeze frame events.
- Email support allows user to send the results to an external email address.
- Supports an interface to both iVMS and cMAC to see available head-end monitoring is available and to see in real time the results of individual or aggregated sessions.
Video Analytics Software Library: A client software library built into IQSegVue which provides video measurements and statistics is also available at no cost for application developers to easily incorporate into their apps. Incorporating IneoQuest's client software library into applications will empower OTT and service providers with a tool that instantly helps them diagnose video delivery issues.
cMAC (Consolidated Mobile Analytics Collector): IneoQuest also offers a cloud-based video analytics service that aggregates and correlates the real-time quality metrics and viewer statistics from all connected devices on a subscription-fee basis. This gives users of the service an unprecedented view of their video performance even when the service crosses multiple providers, CDNs, and consumer devices, which is key for a provider's operations and marketing as well as service level agreements (SLA). This subscription fee-based service is possible when the optional data transfer function is enabled in the Video Analytics Software Library or activated within the IQSegVue app. When activated, the service offers a cost-effective approach to gathering the business intelligence needed to deliver high quality Multiscreen video services.
Over-the-Top (OTT) and other Video Service Providers can combine IneoQuest's subscription service along with other IneoQuest solution components (iVMS-ASM, Expedus DVA, IQDialogue ASM and Expedus ASM) to build a true end-to-end Adaptive Streaming Video Service Assurance solution.