The IQMediaStimulus® application is a complete solution for benchmark testing IP networks and components. IQMediaStimulus produces Gigabits of line-rate streaming media, literally hundreds to thousands of video over IP streams of your choice, with real-time simultaneous modification of IP packets and data payload, perfect for stress testing networks, and network components. The ability to modify, impair, and remap streaming content, replicate IP packets, add jitter, modify PCR values, drop N or N of X packets provides engineers unlimited flexibility in stressing networks for a full range of test scenarios. For complete end-to-end testing use IQMediaStimulus to stress test and IQMediaAnalyzer to analyze performance of the device or network under test.
- Test generator for network commissioning & validation
- Test and verify IP protocols, RTP, UDP, MF-RTP, & FEC
- Enables network switch, set-top-box, & VLAN testing
- Verify video protocols, MPEG2, MPEG4, Media 9/VC1
- VoD server network prequalification
- Use in automated manufacturing test
- Stress equipment, software and network components
- Ensure compliance of network service level agreements
- Identify network limitations prior to going “live”
IQMediaStimulus allows you to modify the DF (delay factor) Jitter, IP bitrate, PCR bitrate, drop n packets or drop n every x packets. The unique slider bar control allows quick selection of the number of video streams generated.
All IQMediaStimulus functionality is also available from a simple to use HTML interface ideal for installation verification, network validation, and field commissioning. The HTML interface supports IQuickStream™ technology which is a built-in MPEG-2 compliant transport stream.
IQMediaStimulus generates hundreds to thousands of media test streams into the network while IQMediaMonitor and IQMediaAnalyzer simultaneously measure all the video streams routed through the network. A complete benchmark performance verification of the network and involved components is thus possible.
- Use with Singulus or Geminus hardware probes
- Cost-effective line-rate test source up to 10 GigE
- Replication and generation of hundreds of line-rate GigE voice, video, or data streams
- Cost-effective GigE VOD test source
- Real-time simultaneous testing of all streams through network
- Video over IP Generation
- Generate MPEG TS Flows, Data file, VoIP Flows
- Support UDP/RTP/VC1/VLAN /PPPoE encapsulation
- Video Flow Impairments
- Jitter, Loss, Loss Distribution, n of x Drop, PID Drop, PCR adjust
- Selective Drop of I, B, P Frame
- IP Packet Sequence Modification
- Live Stream Replication
- Replicate MPEG 2, 4, and Media 9™/VC1 transportstreams
- Singulus G10, Singulus G1-T, Geminus G10, and Geminus G1-T
- Requires IQMediaStimulus license in hardware