IQDialogue® SDV Server is an appliance based monitoring probe that analyzes, monitors and troubleshoots Switched Digital Video (SDV) networks. IQDialogue identifies the various SDV protocols in a comprehensive format, with efficient Key Performance Indications which in turn provides information on the health of the SDV service delivery platform.
IQDialogue allows users to measure, trend report and alarm on all aspects of the service delivery platform. All transactions (requests and responses) are logged individually to a database, for reporting and auditing purposes.
- Analysis, monitoring, auditing and alarming of Switched Digital Video networks
- Measure channel change time, RTSP and RPC communications, mini-carousel and dozens of other protocols and parameters
- Quick and accurate trending, reporting fault identification and isolation parameters
- Quick and accurate fault identification and isolation
- Targeted Real-Time Monitoring, analysis, auditing and alarming for Switched Digital Video deployments
- Simultaneous support of every major SDV signaling specifications, and custom vendor implementations
- Integrated database back-end for logging and trending of all SDV messaging traffic (STB, SDV server, ERM, EQAM, etc.)
- Northbound alarming services (SNMP traps)
- Support for hundreds of thousands of STBs and to millions of concurrent tuners from a single probe
Northbound Alarming Services
- Support for multiple trap destinations
- Published and Industry compliant MIB
- Full Libpcap capture capabilities of traffic being monitored
- User configurable thresholds and alarms for every aspects of the SDV service delivery platform
SDV Signaling Overview
IQDialogue provides visual representation of all aspects of the Switched Digital Video signaling. Classification is done in real-time on type and status, with easy to understand KPI and color coding. The user can switch back and forth between the various status screens, and operational modes with just the click of a button. SDV message filtering can be performed on a per Service-Group, per Set-Top-Box and even on a per tuner level for more targeted analysis. Capacity and processing abilities can scale up to 200 SDV servers simultaneously based on the appliance platform and IP interfaces available.
Recording and Playback
In addition to real-time monitoring, IQDialogue allows the user to playback and analyze any compliant Libpcap capture file. IQDialogue can also create and provide a Libpcap capture file for archiving and offline analysis.
Measurement & Analysis
- Timing and auditing of Channel Change Protocol (CCP)
- Timing and auditing of STB Client SDV boot-up, Auto-discovery & registration
- Timing and auditing of NGOD RTSP based messaging
- Timing and Auditing of SDV Client KeepAlive and Last-user-Access Protocols
- Monitoring and full parsing of SDV mini-carousel, for both configuration messages and channel/frequency assignments
- Auto-detection and configuration of signaling and vendor protocols
- Analysis and timing of IGMP, DHCP and Caller-ID transactions (based on the TVWorks and Nortel messaging platforms)
- XML log reporting of all transactions monitored and faults
- Fast fault isolation via Key-Performance Indicators and simple color-coded status of bulk messages
- Real-time event tracking and filtering of SDV activity
- Rich set of STB and SDV activity queries coupled with operational reporting of SDV issues