Expedus® is a high-capacity probe that helps service providers manage content and transport quality, optimizing the video quality assurance process. This system addresses the needs of video operators in two ways: first, it helps verify the content being processed; and then, it helps proactively ensure that the original quality is preserved throughout the distribution system for both linear broadcast and multiscreen deployments.
The verification of QoE parameters provide information about the content quality at the processing node and upon request of client devices. By monitoring QoS and stream integrity in real-time, degradation trends can be identified and addressed proactively before these issues have a visible impact on QoE.
- QoS and QoE monitoring
- Quality trending analysis for the most critical video sites
- Control of video plant operational expenses through efficient management of service level agreements
- Improved subscriber acquisition and retention enabled by proactive quality management
Monitoring and Analysis Capabilities
- Gigabit interface provides simultaneous analysis for hundreds of programs and multiple flows
- Integrated analysis of transport and content metrics
- Performance monitoring and analysis at the flow level and program level
- Capture and storage of video thumbnails for auditing and performance trending
- Modular platform supports specialized analysis capabilities to meet unique operator requirements
- Comprehensive NOC panel enables quick fault identification and easy drill-down for optimized troubleshooting
- Configurable access security levels, alarm thresholds and report parameters
Management System Integration
- Seamless integration with iVMS video management system and IneoQuest performance analysis platforms
QoE and QoS Monitoring for Hundreds of Programs with Efficient Video Interface
Expedus DVA is a gigabit analyzer featuring a powerful video interface that enables intuitive monitoring and diagnostics of any transport or content issues in real-time and historical performance trending.
Quality conditions such as black screen, freeze frame, audio level problems, and transport parameters such as bandwidth, and program availability can be easily traced back to images providing tangible evidence of the events.
Seamless Integration with IneoQuest Monitoring Portfolio
Multiple Expedus DVA probes can be integrated with iVMS® for centralized network monitoring. At the iVMS, operators can view reports from diverse Geminus®, Singulus® or Cricket® probes and correlate video/transport plane issues quickly and accurately.